This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] tilegx: work around vector insn bug in gcc
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 14:12:41 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] tilegx: work around vector insn bug in gcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 04/12/2017 13:56, Chris Metcalf wrote:
> Avoid an issue in gcc where some of the vector (aka SIMD) ops will
> sometimes end up getting wrongly optimized out. We use these
> instructions in many of the string implementations. If/when we
> have an upstreamed fix for this problem in gcc we can conditionalize
> the use of the extended assembly workaround in glibc.
Do you the conditions to trigger this issue (compiler option, gcc