This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] x86-64: Use direct TLS initial-exec access to update errno
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 17:33:45 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86-64: Use direct TLS initial-exec access to update errno
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20171204231315.GA17402@intel.com>
On 12/04/2017 05:13 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Replace __errno_location call with direct TLS initial-exec access to
> update errno.
> Any comments?
What are the consequences of this change?
Have you tried debugging this code in gdb and does it make it easier or
harder to debug a single threaded application?
Why make these changes?