Re: RFC: remove the "tile" architecture from glibc

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> I personally think it is too restrictive to remove the architecture in
> such case if the minimum glibc required GCC version still provides support.

If the support for some architecture in GCC is no longer considered worth
maintaining / updating (because, probably, the architecture itself is
obsolescent), I think that is reasonable evidence that the support in
glibc is also not worth maintaining / updating, even while it can in fact
be built with older GCC versions.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com