This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] posix: if glob has a trailing slash match directories only.
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Dmitry Goncharov <dgoncharov at users dot sf dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, bug-gnulib at gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 00:01:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] posix: if glob has a trailing slash match directories only.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20171128210857.GC2745@madrid> <email@example.com> <20171129042114.GA2702@madrid> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAG+Z0CsgP0sMTtaurAF8kXJ0HSqhPMC-BxS36=OB05GNUo9xSQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAG+Z0CsvFWv+JGauq3=PAV8=pcD9YHi8p1k9yTbsdT8iNU9AZw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <20171204042021.GA3045@madrid>
Dmitry Goncharov wrote:
flags |= GLOB_ONLYDIR | GLOB_MARK;
and then at the end, filter out all matches that aren't marked with
trailing '/'. This would avoid creating a new GLOB_XXX option and would
probably be easier to implement.
Please have a look at this implementation of your idea.
I'm not quite following how it's an implementation, since I don't see where it
does anything like "flags |= GLOB_ONLYDIR | GLOB_MARK;". Maybe there's another
part of the patch you're missing?
The variable "filter" is a boolean and should be of type bool.
That comment and code look over-complicated. Can't you simply copy nonnull
entries in-place, in a single pass? That way, the filtered order will be the
same as the original order.