Re: [RFC 0/6] glibc port to ARC architecture

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017, Vineet Gupta wrote:

> > Any new port should have support added to build-many-glibcs.py for all
> > ABIs supported by the port (e.g. both endiannesses, if you support both BE
> > and LE, and any other ABI variants).
>
> build-many-glibcs.py works for ARC now - after the 2 backports to gcc 7.2

Works with clean compilation test results for the glibc testsuite?

> > You should make sure that produces clean test results for all the
> > compilation tests, for all those variants.
> >
> > You should also include results for the full testsuite, including
> > execution tests (whether testing natively, or cross testing with
> > test-wrapper set to execute tests for a cross build), in the submission of
> > the port (and those should be as clean as possible).
>
> ATM we have around 200 failures for upstream tools (likely due to libgcc
> unwinder patch not yet merged upstream). And just for data point, with github
> based gcc including the non-merged patches that number comes down to ~100.
> Bunch of them are in math/doubler and some in backtrace/nptl. Will this be
> considered a blocker. I'm almost ready for next round, rebased recently !

You should make sure you regenerate libm-test-ulps for your port (from
scratch, truncate the file and run make regen-ulps).

If you look at
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.26#Architecture-independent>
you'll see some known architecture-independent issues that are generic for
certain cases (some cases of cross-testing, particular kernel versions,
etc.).  Beyond anything listed there, I'd say you should have no more than
10-20 FAILs in a well-maintained port, preferably less than that.  100
FAILs indicates there's still some work to do before the port can be
considered to be in a good state.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com