Re: Fix p_secstodate overflow handling (bug 22463)

On 11/22/2017 02:06 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, Florian Weimer wrote:

I think we can change the function to always return NULL (or abort the process
with an error message) and turn it into into a compat symbol.  I very much
doubt that there are any users at all because the function does not implement

Well, there are two calls in ns_print.c, so you can't eliminate the
function without doing something with those calls.

Oh, right, but it has got these gems:

	/* KJD - need to complete this */
	/* XXX need to dump key, print otherdata length & other data */

So maybe we should just fix the generic/default case to use unknown RR type syntax and just dump those records in that format. I'll send patches for that once my current round of docs/syscall wrapper work is done (too many patches in flight right now).

I don't think DNSSEC as a protocol (or TKEY, which is not part of DNSSEC) will survive contact with the year 2038 without changes, so doing any proactive Y2038 work here isn't worthwhile IMHO.

Thanks,
Florian