Re: Glibc stable release process (Glibc 2.26.1)

On 10/03/2017 06:53 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
On Tuesday 03 October 2017 12:52 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
We continuously rebase Fedora on top of the upstream stable release
branch for that Fedora release (but we do not switch branches within a
release).

Interesting that the Fedora community actually agreed to do that because
there was a significant amount of flaming in the past due to this very
reason.

The Fedora community isn't really in a position to complain. We didn't have much choice because maintaining patches in RPM is so painful. I've been working on new patch management tools with spec file auto-editing and other frills, so the pendulum might well swing into the other direction in the future.

Thanks,
Florian