This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] libio: Assume _LIBC, weak_alias, errno, (__set_)errno &c are defined
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 08:30:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libio: Assume _LIBC, weak_alias, errno, (__set_)errno &c are defined
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Florian Weimer <email@example.com> wrote:
> libio lives exclusively in glibc these days, so there is no reason to
> preserve _LIBC conditionals.
> While at it, I also removed some unnecessary indirections and conditions
> on other always-defined macros (F_GETFL, EIO, etc.).
> I checked that this does not change the produced binaries on i686.
If you're in a mood to clean up libio, may I suggest going after
_IO_MTSAFE_IO next? ;-)