This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCTH 0/2] pthread_mutexattr_setrobust() and pthread_mutex_consistent()
- From: "Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)" <mtk dot manpages at gmail dot com>
- To: Yubin Ruan <ablacktshirt at gmail dot com>
- Cc: mtk dot manpages at gmail dot com, linux-man at vger dot kernel dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 02:33:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCTH 0/2] pthread_mutexattr_setrobust() and pthread_mutex_consistent()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJYFCiMZN09HaHpvKgxz3mqzmcaXAWmkz=BmgOW9WVdRKOhDsg@mail.gmail.com>
On 08/20/2017 11:42 AM, Yubin Ruan wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> This patch series introduce three pthread functions for linux-man:
> * pthread_mutexattr_setrobust()
> * pthread_mutexattr_getrobust()
> * pthread_mutex_consistent()
> I put pthread_mutexattr_setrobust() and pthread_mutexattr_getrobust()
> altogether since they are related.
> I obtain my information about these functions mainly from reading the
> glibc source code and do some testing. There might be some mistake,
> but they are mostly correct (95% or so).
> Following this email would be those man pages in plain text and nroff
> format. I have tested those nroff file on my Linux box using man, and
> it look pretty well. Please point out if there are any mistake in
Thanks for the drafts. Could I ask you to review the man-pages(7)
page. There's a number of details described in that page
which should be fixed in the drafts. Also, please try rendering
your pages with "man -l <page>". This will show problems with
the example code. See the chown(2) man page example for
the required escape sequences for "\n" and the single quote.
Linux man-pages maintainer; http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/
Linux/UNIX System Programming Training: http://man7.org/training/