This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc64le build fails with GCC7
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alexey Neyman <stilor at att dot net>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 17:20:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc64le build fails with GCC7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 21 Aug 2017, Alexey Neyman wrote:
> Hi all,
> With GCC7, the test for -mfloat128 fails with a message that this option
> requires -mfloat128-type to be supplied as well. Cannot supply both options
> unconditionally, though, as GCC6 would choke on unknown option.
Could you explain further what the circumstances are under which this is
or is not needed, given that people have evidently been building without
this option, presumably with GCC configured differently?
You should not need to edit the toplevel configure.ac or config.make.in to
set an architecture-specific makefile variable. Rather, use
LIBC_CONFIG_VAR in the sysdeps configure.ac to set such a variable without
needing to change system-independent files.
Joseph S. Myers