This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] have ifunc resolver's return type match target
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 13:26:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] have ifunc resolver's return type match target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 20 Aug 2017, Martin Sebor wrote:
> To let Glibc take advantage of this type checking and avoid
> warnings when using the patched GCC when the change above is
> committed, the patch below adjusts the Glibc __ifunc_resolver
> macro to declare the ifunc resolver so that its return type
> matches that of the target. (I was going to wait to submit it
> until after the GCC patch has been accepted but per Joseph's
> suggestion I'm posting it here ahead of time.)
> The patch has been tested on its own with the system GCC 6.3
> and with the patched GCC on x86_64-linux with no regressions.
OK (with a ChangeLog entry, of course).
Joseph S. Myers