This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix pretty printer tests for run-built-tests == no
- From: Aurelien Jarno <aurelien at aurel32 dot net>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 22:03:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix pretty printer tests for run-built-tests == no
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2016-12-27 07:56, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> In my change to add configure tests for python I had a brainfart where
> I tried to filter out unsupported tests from tests-printers-programs
> instead of tests-printers to select tests to build. I realize now
> that all of that is completely unnecessary and it would be safe to
> just build the tests as long as we don't try to run it.
The problem is that the rules to build the tests programs are not
defined if python and python3 are not available. This lead to the
following error when trying to run the tests for a cross compiled
make: *** No rule to make target '/«PKGBUILDDIR»/build-tree/powerpc-ppc64/nptl/test-mutexattr-printers', needed by 'tests'. Stop
Note those tests are not built for a non-cross compiled target if
python and python3 are not available.
Aurelien Jarno GPG: 4096R/1DDD8C9B