This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Remove compat from DEFAULT_CONFIG lookup strings
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at cavium dot com>
- Cc: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 21:12:10 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove compat from DEFAULT_CONFIG lookup strings
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 18 Aug 2017, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I would think so. I did a search and didn't find any more "compat"
> lookups beyond what you found. Not doing these changes didn't cause
> any testsuite failures but it does seem like they should be changed. I
> updated them and reran the testsuite and got no regressions. Here is
> an updated patch.
Does this affect any defaults visible to glibc users? If it does, it
needs an entry in the "Deprecated and removed features, and other changes
affecting compatibility" section of NEWS.
Joseph S. Myers