This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v3] Fix Country name for xh_ZA
- From: Mike FABIAN <mfabian at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: Rafal Luzynski <digitalfreak at lingonborough dot com>, akhilesh dot k at samsung dot com, "libc-alpha\@sourceware.org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:21:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] Fix Country name for xh_ZA
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx01.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx01.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=fail smtp.mailfrom=mfabian at redhat dot com
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 6616A81DE1
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CGME20170817085421epcas5p10203f2ec829260f5e002a760fab5e045@epcms5p8> <CAKCAbMg2bf9+XfSK0QYF6vCsLKHyB=VXvRP148CE9eYDtO8GpA@mail.gmail.com> <20170818034731epcms5p86399282edb8a9e26c4e8493407d5a93a@epcms5p8> <CAKCAbMhSHCe4zXh2C_mWP0P3BTWwiUOe0MvWW36R6XfvG4MAkg@mail.gmail.com>
Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 11:54 PM AKHILESH KUMAR <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> > As a general rule I don't think we should make changes based only on
>> Wikipedia. Please at least check their references, and cite the primary
>> source in the locale file.
>> I believe wiki page in locale language is more trusty (specific to locale
>> information like Country name specific to that country, week, months for
>> that locale etc ) then other sources.
>> Like locale page for indian language.
> I don't agree with that. Anyone can change anything on a Wikipedia page,
> and in these less-used-online languages, if something is wrong it's likely
> that no one will notice, perhaps for years. Locale definitions should be
> derived from primary sources, not Wikipedia.
I agree with Zack.
Mike FABIAN <email@example.com>