This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/4] Add ILP32 support to aarch64
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: sellcey at cavium dot com, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: nd at arm dot com, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:56:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] Add ILP32 support to aarch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Szabolcs dot Nagy at arm dot com;
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 17/08/17 16:44, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 12:10 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> elf_greg_t in <sys/procfs.h> is unsigned long, I think this should
>> unsigned long long.
> Yes, I think you are right about this. I see x86_64 uses 'unsigned
> long long'. Does using 'unsigned long long' seem better than
> using uint64_t like I did in makecontext.c? uint64_t seems more
> descriptive of what the type really is.
i think uint64_t should be preferred internally,
but in public headers the namespace rules have
to be followed which do not always allow the
inclusion of stdint.h
i guess sys/procfs.h does not have to follow any
special namespace rules since it's not a standard
header. there either approach is fine with me.