This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] abort: Only flush file-based stdio streams before termination
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: fweimer at redhat dot com (Florian Weimer)
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:29:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] abort: Only flush file-based stdio streams before termination
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170817133507.CEA5341DB79B0@oldenburg.str.redhat.com>
On Aug 17 2017, email@example.com (Florian Weimer) wrote:
> Historically, glibc flushes streams on abort, which is not
> required by POSIX. This can trigger additional work
> (including callbacks through function pointers) in processes
> which are known to be in a bad state. After this change,
> only streams which are backed by the standard descriptor-based
> implementation are flushed.
That still doesn't make abort thread-safe.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."