This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] abort: Only flush file-based stdio streams before termination
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 09:45:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] abort: Only flush file-based stdio streams before termination
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170817133507.CEA5341DB79B0@oldenburg.str.redhat.com>
On 08/17/2017 09:35 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Historically, glibc flushes streams on abort, which is not
> required by POSIX. This can trigger additional work
> (including callbacks through function pointers) in processes
> which are known to be in a bad state. After this change,
> only streams which are backed by the standard descriptor-based
> implementation are flushed.
Does this mean open_memstream streams to NVM won't be flushed by
As a user I might be convinced that my own custom streams need to
flushed by hand in an abort handler, but I might expect open_memstream
streams to be flushed.