This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: extend dl-minimal malloc implementation
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 13:39:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: extend dl-minimal malloc implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx09.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx09.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=fail smtp.mailfrom=dj at redhat dot com
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 51EDBCA365
"Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> (b) Eliminate all alloca by moving to malloc (requires (a)).
I will point out the obvious, for the record, that doing (b) may be
I've looked at some of the alloca code in ld.so and the original
programmers (rightly) took advantage of the auto-cleanup, resulting in
code that might be difficult to convert.