This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] x86-64: Put L(SP_INF_0) in .rodata.cst4 section [BZ #21955]
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 20:02:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86-64: Put L(SP_INF_0) in .rodata.cst4 section [BZ #21955]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170815173855.GA19119@gmail.com> <20170815195541.GA19812@gmail.com>
On Tue, 15 Aug 2017, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > [BZ #21955]
> > * sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/e_expf.S (L(SP_INF_0)): Place it in
> > .rodata.cst4 section.
> L(SP_RANGE) has the same issue. This updated patch fixes both.
It's a lot more than just expf. There are various other x86_64 and x86
libm files that could use .rodata.cstN but don't. (Obviously this only
works for invididual objects where the code doesn't use offsets from one
object to another, not when an array of two or more objects is being used
unless you choose the section appropriately to preserve the array as
Joseph S. Myers