This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] mips/o32: fix internal_syscall5/6/7
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:06:22 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mips/o32: fix internal_syscall5/6/7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 15/08/2017 09:00, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Aug 15 2017, Aurelien Jarno <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> The internal_syscall5/6/7 functions use the stack pointer to store
>> the 5th and following arguments on the stack. In some cases GCC optimize
>> out the stack pointer, and thus storing the data to the stack causes a
>> segmentation fault.
> FORCE_FRAME_POINTER does not work any more?
Wouldn't a better option and more compiler optimization proof to route
syscall5/6/7 to a out of line symbol call to proper handle the stack
pointer as for ARM and i386 (__libc_do_syscall)?