This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] i386: Replace internal_function attribute for __mcount_internal
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:09:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] i386: Replace internal_function attribute for __mcount_internal
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I compiled glibc on i386 with internal_function restored, with a special
> GCC which encodes the regparm attribute value in the symbol name
> (similar to what Windows does). This means that mismatches between
> definition and use result in linker errors.
> This rediscovered the NSS mismatch already fixed, and another internal
> mismatch related to mcount. This one is harmless; it's merely an
> internal inconsistency introduced by the internal_function removal.
> After adjusting the Versions files to export the mangled names for
> GLIBC_PRIVATE functions, all libraries link again and the public ABI
> checks out, so I'm reasonably confident that we now have a consistent
> build again.
Is it possible to add a run-time test?