This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] _dl_init: Remove internal_function attribute
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:39:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] _dl_init: Remove internal_function attribute
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx06.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx06.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=fail smtp.mailfrom=fweimer at redhat dot com
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 221763F745
- References: <20170814113318.6885840138EE3@oldenburg.str.redhat.com> <CAMe9rOoFJgOZ8R85NWk6B-F6y1jT4mmdAS6BwtALu6HEfoFM-A@mail.gmail.com>
On 08/14/2017 02:28 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> # Clear %ebp, so that even constructors have terminated backchain.\n\
>> xorl %ebp, %ebp\n\
> CFI adjustments are missing.
The original code did not have any because we never unwind to this
frame, as indicated by the zero %ebp value.
I can add CFI annotations for completeness, but I'd consider that a
separate change. It is also not quite clear to me what the canonical
frame address for the startup function should be. We reach into the
caller's stack frame, after all.