This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] _dl_fini: Remove internal_function attribute
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 05:27:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] _dl_fini: Remove internal_function attribute
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170814102910.29E294016719B@oldenburg.str.redhat.com>
On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 3:29 AM, Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Assembler code passes the address of _dl_fini to __libc_start_main,
> whose function pointer argument lacks the attribute. This means
> that calls could use the wrong ABI. Fortunately, for zero-parameter
> void-returning functions, internal_function does not change ABI
> on i386 (the only architecture which uses internal_function), so
> this inconsistency was harmless (which is why it had not been
> noticed so far).
> 2017-08-14 Florian Weimer <email@example.com>
> * elf/dl-fini.c (_dl_fini): Remove internal_function
> * sysdeps/generic/ldsodefs.h (_dl_fini): Likewise.