This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] Use anonymous union for siginfo_t
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Cc: joseph at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 09:48:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] Use anonymous union for siginfo_t
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 08/11/2017 07:02 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
The catch, however, is that the compiler
used to compile*programs that use glibc* - not just glibc itself -
must accept the use of this feature (in system headers) even when
running in an older conformance mode.
Perhaps you could survey other non-GCC compilers in use with glibc, as
to whether they support this feature. Not just Clang, but also ARM, Cray
CCE, Fujitsu/Lahey, IBM XL C/C++, Intel, PGI, Oracle Studio, and maybe
PathScale. If recent versions of compilers in practical use on glibc
platforms support the feature, that should be good enough.