This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] Use anonymous union for siginfo_t
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 16:24:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] Use anonymous union for siginfo_t
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> +* Some headers now make unconditional use of the C2011 'anonymous union'
> + feature. In order to compile a program that uses any of these headers,
This is not entirely new. sysdeps/gnu/netinet/tcp.h has used this feature
(inside __extension__) since the _BSD_SOURCE removal, to reconcile two
different APIs for the same structure. There are probably other uses.
(sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/alpha/bits/stat.h has one conditioned on
__GNUC_PREREQ(3,3), where those conditions could be removed if we agree
this feature is unconditionally required for using glibc headers.)
Joseph S. Myers