This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: NSS error reporting (bug 20532)
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 19:16:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: NSS error reporting (bug 20532)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx05.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=fail smtp.mailfrom=fweimer at redhat dot com
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 76415498
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 08/03/2017 06:48 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Aug 03 2017, Florian Weimer <email@example.com> wrote:
>>  empty results (while otherwise reporting success)
> Where are empty results a success?
The gethostbyname4_r family of functions could return an empty list with
NSS_STATUS_SUCCESS. The point I was trying to make is that the types do
not rule this out.
The other NSS service functions do not receive a pointer-to-pointer
argument (unlike the external glibc NSS functions), so the case that
pointer == NULL and NSS_STATUS_SUCCESS cannot happen.
Does this answer your question?