This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: NSS error reporting (bug 20532)
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:49:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: NSS error reporting (bug 20532)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 08/03/2017 12:28 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> (L) Carlos added NSS_STATUS_NOTFOUND with *errnop equals 0 as a
> documented special case to the manual, in commit
> d4e301c5c65393837e438b6d81feabfbfde7b9c7. This contradicts (A).
> NSS_STATUS_NOTFOUND is handled implicitly by __nss_next2, which does not
> have access to the errno value, so I do not understand how this could work.
I must assume that (A) is not quite correct. I had two reproducers where
errno was propagated to the caller, and did result in observable differences?