This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: problem compiling glibc 2.26 with gcc 7.1
- From: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk dot org>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 20:58:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: problem compiling glibc 2.26 with gcc 7.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170802184512.GL31395@waldemar-brodkorb.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Adhemerval Zanella wrote,
> On 02/08/2017 15:45, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I try to cross-compile latest glibc release 2.26 with binutils 2.28
> > and gcc 7.1 to aarch64, but the compilation fails with this error:
> > ./md-unwind-support.h: In function 'aarch64_fallback_frame_state':
> > ./md-unwind-support.h:58:21: error: field 'uc' has incomplete type
> > struct ucontext uc;
> > ^~
> > The full log is here:
> > https://debug.openadk.org/glibc/make.log
> > It fails in the final gcc compilation step.
> > Anyone have a gcc patch ready?
> > Or do I make a mistake? Glibc 2.25 worked fine for me with the
> > same gcc and binutils versions.
> > I see similar issues with other architectures.
> > best regards
> > Waldemar
> Check wiki release notes  and NEWS about this change:
> * The ucontext_t type no longer has the name struct ucontext. This changes
> the C++ name mangling for interfaces involving this type.
> You should use ucontext_t instead of struct ucontext.
>  https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.26
I have seen the change. But does it mean gcc 7.1 (latest gcc
release) can not be used with latest glibc release?