This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: problem compiling glibc 2.26 with gcc 7.1
- From: Khem Raj <raj dot khem at gmail dot com>
- To: Waldemar Brodkorb <wbx at openadk dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 11:55:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: problem compiling glibc 2.26 with gcc 7.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170802184512.GL31395@waldemar-brodkorb.de>
On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Waldemar Brodkorb <email@example.com> wrote:
> I try to cross-compile latest glibc release 2.26 with binutils 2.28
> and gcc 7.1 to aarch64, but the compilation fails with this error:
> ./md-unwind-support.h: In function 'aarch64_fallback_frame_state':
> ./md-unwind-support.h:58:21: error: field 'uc' has incomplete type
> struct ucontext uc;
you need a gcc backport
> The full log is here:
> It fails in the final gcc compilation step.
> Anyone have a gcc patch ready?
> Or do I make a mistake? Glibc 2.25 worked fine for me with the
> same gcc and binutils versions.
> I see similar issues with other architectures.
> best regards