This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: problem compiling glibc 2.26 with gcc 7.1
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 15:50:54 -0300
- Subject: Re: problem compiling glibc 2.26 with gcc 7.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170802184512.GL31395@waldemar-brodkorb.de>
On 02/08/2017 15:45, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> I try to cross-compile latest glibc release 2.26 with binutils 2.28
> and gcc 7.1 to aarch64, but the compilation fails with this error:
> ./md-unwind-support.h: In function 'aarch64_fallback_frame_state':
> ./md-unwind-support.h:58:21: error: field 'uc' has incomplete type
> struct ucontext uc;
> The full log is here:
> It fails in the final gcc compilation step.
> Anyone have a gcc patch ready?
> Or do I make a mistake? Glibc 2.25 worked fine for me with the
> same gcc and binutils versions.
> I see similar issues with other architectures.
> best regards
Check wiki release notes  and NEWS about this change:
* The ucontext_t type no longer has the name struct ucontext. This changes
the C++ name mangling for interfaces involving this type.
You should use ucontext_t instead of struct ucontext.