This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Updating NEWS for 2.26
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at gotplt dot org>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 10:46:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: Updating NEWS for 2.26
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: ext-mx09.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; dmarc=none (p=none dis=none) header.from=redhat.com
- Authentication-results: ext-mx09.extmail.prod.ext.phx2.redhat.com; spf=fail smtp.mailfrom=fweimer at redhat dot com
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.2 mx1.redhat.com 9DAD1CA392
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 07/31/2017 02:13 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Sunday 30 July 2017 05:46 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
>> On Mon, 3 Jul 2017, Joseph Myers wrote:
>>> The NEWS section for security-related changes in 2.26 seems very
>>> incomplete, with only a single entry. It clearly needs to be filled out.
>>> If people know of other significant changes missing from the main NEWS
>>> section for 2.26, they should add those as well.
>> Reminder: the security-related section is still almost empty. This needs
>> to be fixed before the release.
> This is what I've come up with based on bugzilla. I'll commit this
> before release if it looks OK.
* A use-after-free vulnerability in clntudp_call in the Sun RPC system
has been fixed.