Re: 2.26 freeze in a little over a week

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 10:09:20 PDT (-0700), szabolcs.nagy@arm.com wrote:
> On 22/06/17 18:05, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:49:36 PDT (-0700), siddhesh@gotplt.org wrote:
>>> PSA: The development freeze for 2.26 is due in a little over a week.  1
>>> July is a Saturday, so we have until next week to finish major changes.
>>>
>>> I have a memcpy implementation for the Qualcomm falkor chip that I hope
>>> to post by tomorrow.  Are there any major changes that need attention
>>> but are not getting it?
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up.  We're in the process of submitting our RISC-V port,
>> do you allow new architecture ports during the freeze?  IIRC GCC allowed us to
>> submit our port during Stage 4 as it didn't touch any other port's code, and it
>> was mentioned that this might be the case for glibc as well.
>>

> is the linux kernel abi finalized (upstream in a released version of linux)?
> if not then there is a possibility of divergence between kernel and userspace abi.

We're not upstream in Linux yet, we're also in the process of submitting
patches.  We've been through two rounds of review of the ABI on the Linux
mailing list and there weren't any comments the second time.

We've committed to maintaining ABI stability with the first one to get released
(which would be glibc if we can get into 2.26).