Re: Synchronizing auxiliary mutex data

On Tue, 2017-06-20 at 16:49 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Jun 20 2017, Torvald Riegel <triegel@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> What does prevent the cpu from loading it from its cache?
> >
> > The correct implementation of the memory model does that.
>
> That's not a useful answer.

It is a correct answer, and a good starting point for you to understand
that because this all starts with understanding the memory model that
you're programming against, which is effectively C11's.  And I already
explained which specific part of the memory model is being used by glibc
in this case (ie, rel/acq pair + reads-from =>
inter-thread-happens-before).  And I told you how you can find out what
happens on the lower layers of this (eg, the HW memory model).  If you
don't follow up on all that information, what am I supposed to do?

Furthermore, have you looked at your own set of questions?  I had to
guess all the time what you are actually asking about.  Take your most
recent statement above as example:  You don't even care to say why it
was not helpful for you.  Am I supposed to guess why it was?  I meant it
when I said that I don't have time for a one-liner exchange.  They way
in which you often communicate (ie, those one-liners) is no effective,
IMO.