Re: Do not use wildcard symbol names for public versions in Versions files

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017, Florian Weimer wrote:

> > Tested with build-many-glibcs.py that installed stripped shared
> > libraries are unchanged by the patch.
>
> Do you have a script for that?

No.  Run build-many-glibcs.py with --strip, copy the install/glibcs
directory, run again with --strip and the patch applied, compare the
old and new install/glibcs directories and grep out irrelevant differences
such as .a files and nscd.

(I wonder if glibc should build deterministic archives by default to avoid
the timestamp differences in .a files and so facilitate cleaner
comparisons of whole install trees.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com