Re: Basic requirements for supporting OS and machine ports.

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2017, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
>> (b) If your OS and machine port have a buildbot slave, then all maintainers
>>     will strive to ensure that their changes do not introduce breakage that
>>     shows up on those buildbots, and will work to correct any such breakage.
>
> Buildbots don't provide a way for people to test their patches on those
> buildbots.

This is disabled right now, but we can enable it if we think that's
important:
http://docs.buildbot.net/0.8.9/manual/cfg-schedulers.html#try-schedulers

We have to confirm with BuildSlave owners if they agree with this feature.

However, I think having public logs of the failures already help to find
regressions.

> Also, I'm not aware of anyone monitoring the bots for
> regressions,

I am doing that on POWER.  ;-)

> (We also don't have a way for buildbots to send test results to
> libc-testresults, but that would be a peripheral issue if someone were
> monitoring the results for regressions and they actually reliably produced
> results for each testsuite run instead of mysterious errors.)

We can also configure that:
http://docs.buildbot.net/0.8.9/manual/cfg-statustargets.html#mailnotifier

--
Tulio Magno