GSoC 2017

Hello all,
  I'm new to the community. My name is Vasantha Ganesh Kanniappan. I
am a free software enthusiast. I'm doing my Bachelors in Computer
Science Engineering from Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore,
India. I would like to know if someone is willing to mentor me for
`Math Testing' project.

I would like to make a change to the same project. Can we make use of
`property based testing' instead of traditional unit tests? We can use
this method to perform formal verification of the functions. This was
initially introduced to Haskell but it was adopted to other languages.
Here is a paper about property based testing for Haskell
(http://www.eecs.northwestern.edu/~robby/courses/395-495-2009-fall/quick.pdf).
Although property based testing can be effective, there are no well
maintained libraries for C. Here is a popular property based testing
library for C (https://github.com/silentbicycle/theft). Here is a
popular library for C++ (https://github.com/emil-e/rapidcheck).

So the project would include making the `property based testing'
library feature complete and writing proper docs, then working on the
testing of the math functions themselves. When it comes to writing the
tests, we don't have to worry about the edges cases but we have to
worry about the properties of the function.

My nick on Freenode `GreySunshine'

Vasantha Ganesh K.