Re: 2.25 freeze status

On 01/30/2017 02:04 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> H.J.,
>>
>> Could you please back out the fix for bug 20019?
>>
>> We will continue to try and fix this in 2.26 with a solution that moves
>> IFUNC design towards a better documented set of semantics.
>>

> Since calling longjmp will segfault in this case, shouldn't it be
> fixed first by reverting IFUNC implementation in libpthread?

I believe there is insufficient time to test that such a change and verify
it does not have other unintended consequences for changing a symbol from
IFUNC to non-IFUNC.

The minimal fix is to revert the changes for bug 20019, and allow programs
to startup, and run as expected in the cases they do not call longjmp.

I would like to see the minimum amount of reversion required to get us
back to a state where applications run again.

We have only a few days until the release deadline and I do not wish
to extend that date.

I understand your desire to fix this correctly, and we will continue this
discussion once master reopens, possibly with a reversion of the IFUNC
change to libpthread.

Carlos.