Re: --enable-stack-protector for glibc, v10

On 20 Dec 2016, Florian Weimer outgrape:

> On 12/19/2016 12:15 PM, Nix wrote:
>> Here, as promised, is version 10 of the stack-protected glibc patch,
>> incorporating all review comments to date (unless I missed some).
>
> I will start committing patches from this series shortly.

Thank you! Time for a celebratory drink at this end, I think :)
(Earl Grey, naturally.)

> There are some open questions (more on that later), but I think the
> overall design is sound, and it will simplify matters if we reduce the
> size of the series somewhat.

Oh, please.

As long as you avoid committing the configury patch near the end, the
net effect of the series on generated code (so long as the result
compiles!) should be zero, so fairly risk-free. (I hope.)

--
NULL && (void)