Re: check-c++-types.sh question

On Wed, 7 Dec 2016, Steve Ellcey wrote:

> Is there any documentation on the check-c++-types.sh script or the
> format of the c++-types.data file formats?  I could not find any
> and I have no idea what the x/l/Pc/m/j..., etc entries in the
> data files mean.

They're the C++ mangling of the types (if you change to a type with a
different mangling, you're breaking the C++ ABI, even if the types are
ABI-compatible at the C level).  (You're expected to use the script to
generate the baseline for an architecture or ABI variant, which then
should not change in future, rather than to mangle each type manually.)

https://mentorembedded.github.io/cxx-abi/abi.html#mangling-type

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com