Re: glibc 2.25 development --- 46 days to freeze.

On Wednesday 16 November 2016 11:26 AM, Jochen Hein wrote:
> Can we get a snapshot of the current pot-file out to the translators? We
> missed the last two releases, so I guess we need some time to catch up.
> We can (and should) refresh the pot file after the freeze to translate
> the last (hopefully few) messages before the release.

I think that is a good idea.  In fact, would it be more productive to
tweak the current workflow a bit so that translators can pull directly
from git instead of using tarballs?  I am referring to the libc.pot
workflow documented in our Release wiki[1] that requires the release
manager to upload a tarball and then email coordinator AT
translationproject DOT org.  Instead, the glibc release manager could
just send out the email when they update libc.pot and translators can
pull from git.  I reckon this could even be automated in a git
post-commit hook.

Thoughts?

Siddhesh

[1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release