Re: [libc/string] State of PAGE_COPY_FWD / PAGE_COPY_THRESHOLD

On 11/10/2016 10:25 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
On Thursday 10 November 2016 02:24 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
I found the email thread, it is setup for this Friday.

Would you or someone be able to post a summary of the discussion?  Last
I know from discussions at Cauldron, I am responsible for working on
fixing IFUNC related issues that prevent us from doing anything useful
in an ifunc, including accessing vdso.  It is on my list of things to do
right after tunables.

Another option would be to get the complete implementation of memcmp etc. fom the vDSO, I think.

In the ARM context, there were also suggestions that we should support big/little asymmetric multi-processing. I hope we don't have to do this. It would seriously limit IFUNC selection and other microarchitecture-based optimizations.

Thanks,
Florian