Re: RFC: libc-testresults mailing list

On 11/02/2016 09:05 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> Andrew Pinski asked in
> <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-07/msg00460.html> about a
> mailing list for sending test results to.
>
> I propose that we create a libc-testresults mailing list for test results
> to be sent to by any kind of automation (not for discussions, if people
> wish to discuss things about the results they should take replies to
> libc-alpha with a meaningful Subject line rather than the subject line of
> the results posting).
>
> This would explicitly include results reporting on e.g. whether glibc
> builds in various configurations, not just results of the glibc testsuite
> itself.  It would also include any systems automatically detecting
> regressions and reporting on those regressions.  It might be useful to
> have something like GCC's contrib/test_summary to collect results and
> information about the configuration and versions of various components
> (and indeed for test runs to automatically record some information such as
> the kernel version on the system, possibly remote, that test programs are
> run on), but this is not required for such a list to be useful.
>
> Comments?

In general this seems like a good idea.

We could then link from the per-release wiki page to a mailing list URL
to show full test result details as we approach the final release.

Do we expect that libc-testresults is a superset of those builds we have
connected to our buildbot CI infrastructure?

Do we expect buildbot test results to go to libc-testresults for archiving?

Cheers,
Carlos.