Re: Charset request for iconv (patch included)

     OK then, let's use the math-sigma.  Can the
Unicode-->HP-48 conversion be set to accept either?

     I still don't fully understand why Unicode has
accented letters when zero-width combining marks are
available.  Best I can figure is that it allows C code
to treat each letter as an integer instead of a string
of indeterminate length.

     Having an "x with macron" character would also
mean that when "x" appears in Unicode text, iconv can
write "x" to the HP-48 text without first checking to
see if the next character is a macron.  But there's
obviously a reason why you implemented charsets with
DLLs instead of simple tables -- was it not to handle
special cases like this?

     How much power do you guys have to add new
characters to the Unicode standard?

				Dave Coffin  10/2/2016