Re: Add <limits.h> integer width macros

Thanks for explaining. In that case, the patch looks good; thanks. Also, I created a Gnulib module limits-h with a similar effect; see:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/commit/?id=0d12d16ab30cc5581ee26a3877351ac3181bca81

It is perhaps worth mentioning that the new definition of CHAR_WIDTH collides with Emacs's use of that symbol for its own macro. The new <limits.h> CHAR_WIDTH will be visible because Emacs defines _GNU_SOURCE. The typical symptoms are a warning while compiling Emacs and that Emacs still builds and runs correctly. I installed a change to Emacs so that this problem won't occur in future Emacs versions (after Emacs 25). This sort of thing happens every now and then and is not a significant obstacle to the glibc patch.