Re: Linux Extended-stat system call

On 06/22/2016 04:08 PM, David Howells wrote:

One thing I would like to do is make it so that stat() can use it with minimal
effort.

Why is this an important goal?

Existing architectures will keep using the old system call for the legacy stat interfaces. New architectures can use the new system call, but will probably have a different definition of struct stat (which might well be guided by our experience with the extended stat interface).

Thanks,
Florian