This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Do we care about malloc failure in tests?
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Bill Parker <wp02855 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 09:10:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: Do we care about malloc failure in tests?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobNcJ6MaE3OfhY2KebXa=Z8kzhsgKpoesbzvvhUEEZhz=A at mail dot gmail dot com>
Paul Pluzhnikov <email@example.com> writes:
> Do we have a policy here?
> Should I fix them to consistently check for NULL, or delete existing
> NULL checks?
All tests should do proper NULL checks, only to set a good example.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."