This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: link issue with i686, ifunc & newer binutils
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Samuel Thibault <samuel dot thibault at ens-lyon dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 15:38:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: link issue with i686, ifunc & newer binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160529212832 dot GC3168 at var dot home> <CAMe9rOr0CYFzHfDjUPHHaXeGnqEXjOVNZ7nn4p50bkn6YO-QTQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160529223407 dot GB3168 at var dot home>
On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Samuel Thibault
> H.J. Lu, on Sun 29 May 2016 15:02:06 -0700, wrote:
>> You may have run into
>> Pleas get binutils master branch for better diagnostic.
> That's possible indeed, I have add -Wl,-warn-shared-textrel to the link
> command, and got
> /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/glibc-2.22/build-tree/hurd-i386-libc/libc_pic.os: warning: relocation against `_hurd_self_sigstate' in readonly section `.text'
> and _hurd_self_sigstate is not an ifunc.
That is a real bug and you need to fix it.