This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Update sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/socket.h for Linux 4.6
- From: Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst dot de>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 18:37:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Update sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/socket.h for Linux 4.6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 20 dot 1605170012580 dot 12314 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 12:13:54AM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> in the header, since I saw no apparent reason for the set in glibc to
> stop at SOL_IRDA. MSG_BATCH is added; Linux also has
> MSG_SENDPAGE_NOTLAST which is not in glibc, but given the comment
> starts "sendpage() internal" I presume it's correct for it not to be
> in glibc.
But I can't see any code checking for it being passed from userspace,
which is a bit odd.
> (Note that this is a case where the Linux kernel header with userspace
> relevant values is *not* a uapi header but include/linux/socket.h - I
> don't know why, but at least this header, as well as uapi headers,
> needs reviewing for glibc-relevant changes each release.)
It would be good to just move it to a uapi header. Can you bring this
issues up on lkml and the netdev list?