This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 13/17] Drop explicit stack-protection of pieces of the system.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Nix <nix at esperi dot org dot uk>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 11:48:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 13/17] Drop explicit stack-protection of pieces of the system.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1457882222-22599-1-git-send-email-nix at esperi dot org dot uk> <1457882222-22599-14-git-send-email-nix at esperi dot org dot uk> <20160404224721 dot 575F22C3B34 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 04/05/2016 12:47 AM, Roland McGrath wrote:
Why do anything special here at all?
I think historically, we selectively enabled stack-protector in these
places because we deemed them high-value targets.
I think it's fine to have this subject to the global flag once we have t
hat. Do you agree?