This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] powerpc: Fix operand prefixes
- From: "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <gftg at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho" <tuliom at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: munroesj at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 10:17:40 -0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] powerpc: Fix operand prefixes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1461190256 dot 10094 dot 3 dot camel at oc7878010663> <1461682306-30603-1-git-send-email-gftg at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <87k2jbz0b6 dot fsf at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
Pushed as eb3b8a4924502e508d5b353ed75f39826d2c9466.
On Tue, 03 May 2016 11:24:45 -0300
"Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho" <email@example.com> wrote:
> "Gabriel F. T. Gomes" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > The file sysdeps/powerpc/sysdeps.h defines aliases for condition register
> > operands. E.g.: 'cr7' means condition register 7. On the one hand, this
> > increases readability, as it makes it easier for readers to know whether the
> > operand is a condition register, a general purpose register or an immediate.
> > On the other hand, this permits that condition registers be written as if they
> > were general purpose, and vice-versa, thus reducing the readability of the
> > code.
> > This commit removes some of these unintentional misuses.
> > The changes have no effect on the final code. Checked with objdump.
> > 2016-04-18 Gabriel F. T. Gomes <email@example.com>
> > * sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/power8/strncpy.S: Fix use of condition
> > registers specifiers where general purpose registers specifiers should
> > have been used.